Choose to have a waste-free lunch everyday! Every piece of packaging or unwanted food that we throw away creates waste and costs your family money.
When packing you lunch box make the choice to protect our environment.
Choose products and packaging that can be recycled or composted and aim to avoid waste entirely.
For a waste-free lunch pack:
- Snacks in reusable containers.
- Drinks in a thermos or reusable bottle.
- A cloth napkin.
- Reusable utensils when needed.
- Use a reusable lunchbox.
- Lunches packed in plastic bags, cling film or foil.
- Disposable drink boxes, cans, cartons and bottles.
- Paper napkins.
- Disposable forks and spoons.
- Pre-packaged lunches or single serve items.
Carefully monitor the amount of food you pack for lunch – unopened pre-packaged foods like single serves and half-empty boxed drinks are often thrown away creating waste which costs your family money.